Sunday, April 14, 2013

How To: Turn a Dress into a Peplum Shirt (Very Easy! No Sewing/Cutting)

I thought the best way to start off this blog would be to share some of my "secret" tricks to expand my wardrobe. Last year, I bought a dress in Virginia while on vacation. It cost $5 and I bought it in a dollar store. Sadly, it is a no-brand dress, but I think it works nicely for this tutorial.

You need a dress or long shirt that is made of a fairly thin or flowy material. It works the best if it is tightest around the waist. If it isn't tight around the waist, you can try putting a belt around your waist.

First, you put on your pants (jeans work best for this) and the dress on top. (Picture 1)
Next, tuck in your dress inside your jeans. Your jeans will look extremely stuffed at this point. (Picture 2)

Then,  you carefully and slowly tug on the skirt part of the dress until it turns into a peplum. (Picture 3) Make sure you pull the dress all around and not just in the front.



Here is a before and after shot:

I do love the dress as a dress, but sometimes when I'm in the mood to wear a shirt and some jeans, this trick is very useful.

Thanks for visiting my blog! =]
~Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment